Sr. Process Engineer
The St. Paul Park Refinery has an immediate full-time opening for a Process Engineer. This is an exempt position in the Technical Services Department. The Process Engineer’s duties require interaction with several internal business units including operations, production planning, technical advisory groups, and area business teams, as well as external catalyst and technology suppliers. This position works a 9/80 schedule with additional hours as needed.
- Optimization and troubleshooting of daily refinery operations based on review of process data and evaluation of laboratory results.
- Identifies and monitors key performance indicators for process units
- Provide technical support needed to ensure facility compliance with environmental operating limits, participation in HAZOP studies, and participation & leadership of incident investigations.
- Developing refinery improvement projects, from conception through start-up, to insure both short and long term viability of the refinery.
- Support of the area business team by providing process design input to optimization, safety, and economic projects.
- Utilize computer programs, such as HYSYS and heat exchanger rating programs, to identify inefficiencies, design new projects, and optimize unit operations.
- Management of catalyst usage parameters and yields, making recommendations for changes as required.